Join us for the 2021 MWEG Virtual Conference as we explore what it takes to become the women our nation needs to heal and move forward. We believe in the promise of our nation and know that our power for good will grow exponentially as we join together to champion ethical and just government. Each of us has a part to play — come discover yours.
6:30 pm MT/8:30 pm ET Featured Speaker: Elizabeth Neumann — "What Happened to Our Community? How Grievance-Based Politics Led to Violent Extremism and What We Can Do About It"
Note: All times listed for Saturday are MT
9:15 Keynote Speaker
Dr. Astrid S. Tuminez “Power and Goodness: Notes for Navigation”
10:15 Block 1 Workshops
- Let’s Talk Sis "A Productive Conversation About Racism: Creating Access for Marginalized Groups"
- Carly Sessions “What Can I Do? Effectively Advocating for Vulnerable Immigrant Populations”
- Mindy Finn “How to Build Political Power for the Center-Right in America”
- Elizabeth Hira “How You Can Advance the For the People Act, America’s Next Great Civil Rights Bill”
11:30 Block 2 Workshops
- Leslie Graff “Self-Care: Managing Anxieties and Being Prepared to Fight”
- Sarah Brinton “What Shopping at Target Teaches Us About Helping Women Get Into Office”
- Gloria Gong “Beyond the Headlines: Three Exciting Reforms in Criminal Justice (and What You Can Do to Help)”
- Gen Z Member Panel "Discovering Your Political Power Within the Community"
- Dhati Oommen
- Grace Soelberg
- Andrea Cabrera
- Jenna Rakuita
12:30 Lunch Break
1:00 Plenary Speaker
Dr. LaShawn Williams “The Path to Mutual Understanding through Constructive Conflict”
2:10 Block 3 Workshops
- Chandra Whetstine “Love in the Midst of Misinformation: The Science Behind Misinformation and Conspiracy Theory and How We Can Face It Together”
- Erica Evans “Conspiracies, Bias, and Lies: Making Sense of the Modern Media Landscape”
- Karen Hall “Understanding and Fighting Corruption”
- MWEG Member Panel “Demystifying Public Office: MWEG Members Ran for Office, and You Can Too”
- Robin Troxell, City Council Member, Brigham City, UT
- Teri McCabe, Provo City School Board, Provo, UT
- Cindy Davis, Utah State Board of Education
- Julia Busche, City Council Member, Fruit Heights, UT
- Kim Rodela, City Council Member, Highland, UT
3:15 Closing Session
Emma Petty Addams, MWEG Executive Director
Virtual networking event/social immediately following the conference
This is a virtual event. Once you have purchased a ticket, you will receive access to watch and participate in all sessions on the days of the conference, as well as recordings of all sessions following the conference.
Workshop Speakers and Panelists
We don't want the ticket price to be a barrier that keeps anyone from attending, so we are offering scholarship tickets. If you would like to receive a scholarship ticket, please email us at [email protected] saying you would like to be considered for a scholarship and a brief explanation of what you hope to gain from attending this conference.
If you are able, please consider donating to our conference scholarship fund on our registration page.